We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
As a young child, Veronique loved animals and grew up around dogs, birds, hamsters, and always had a passion for wildlife. Since then, she knew she wanted to go into the veterinary field. She went to CEGEP de La Pocatière in Quebec and completed the Animal Health Technology program in 2009. After she started working in a veterinary hospital in 2008, she made a change in her life and moved out to BC in 2014. Veronique became a registered veterinary technician in 2016 after stepping back into her school books to accomplish the veterinary technician national exam.
In January of 2018, she joined our team to pursue her career and has loved working with such a fantastic team where she can fully utilize her skills. She also loves Alouette Animal Hospital because everyone supports each other as a team to provide the best care for our patients. Veronique has a special interest in dentistry, anesthesia, venipuncture and laser therapy. She always sought to improve her skills with continuing education and she is very meticulous in what she does.
Veronique is a proud human to her young cat named Moustache, who was rescued from SPCA. When she is not at work, Veronique loves spending time in the outdoors mountain biking, hiking, camping, skiing, playing ultimate frisbee or beach volleyball. When the weather doesn't collaborate, you will find her playing indoor volleyball, climbing or training at oxygen yoga. Being active makes her happy and feel energized.
Fun Fact: She can surprise and scare her surroundings when she sneezes, not to mention her furry patients.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Thursday, March 26, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-463-7100. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you're unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Sunday to Saturday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.