Last updated: September 22, 2021
With the recent move to Stage 3 in British Columbia, we are pleased to be able to make some modifications to our operating policies.
1. SAFETY MEASURES TO KEEP EVERYONE SAFE
- We will move to a “restricted waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain outside the hospital and use your cell phone to call us. There will be a limit on the number of clients we can accommodate in the clinic at any one time.
- For appointments such as ill pets and annual wellness or vaccine appointments, we will be able to have one owner accompany the pet into the exam room. Masks are required to enter the clinic as social distancing is not fully possible. A staff member will let you know when your room and doctor are ready and will meet you outside to bring you and your pet into the hospital for the examination. After your appointment, a staff member will take care of any needed medications and payment.
- For clients who prefer not to wear a mask, we are still able to do the consultation by telephone while you wait in your vehicle as we were doing previously.
- Nail trim, routine suture removal, anal glands and other technician type appointments will continue to be curbside.
- Continue the use of credit cards as the preferred payment method.
- Continue with curbside pickup of food and medication (unless you have used our online store and are having your order delivered directly to your home). To place an order through our online store, click on “Online Store” from the menu.
2. ONLINE CONSULTATIONS ARE AVAILABLE
If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the “Online Consultation” link.
3. NEW PET OWNERS
Have you welcomed a new furry family member to your home? We’d love to meet them! Visit our Must Know New Pet Owner Information page for useful resources and helpful recommendations for new pet owners.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and we look forward to seeing you and your furry family members again!
– Your dedicated team at Alouette Animal Hospital