We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Alouette Animal Hospital in Maple Ridge, British Columbia
Alouette Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinary hospital, which provides the most current veterinary care to both pets and clients in a warm and caring environment. We celebrate and embrace the human–companion animal bond. We always have the best interest of the pet first and foremost while providing advice and support to family members. We provide the necessary tools for both veterinarians and staff to learn and grow while we care for pets as we would care for our own.
What To Expect
As a new client of our practice, you can expect our full attention to your pets’ needs. Our service will be provided with courtesy and respect.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will be greeted warmly. We will confirm personal details such as your address to ensure we have the most current contact information on file. We will also weigh your pet to update his/her records. You will then be taken to an examination room as soon as we have one available. Water, coffee, tea, cookies and juice boxes (for our younger friends) are available in our reception area, and you may browse our retail area while you wait. Our goal is to see all of our clients and patients on time. Although we have contingencies for emergencies, there will be times where the unexpected will create delays. We will ensure these are minimized as much as possible.
A veterinarian will examine your pet, take a history, answer your questions and discuss further diagnostics or treatment as necessary. Our client care specialists will wrap things up by providing you with further educational information and answer routine wellness and care questions for you. They will provide you with your prescription (if required), schedule your next wellness visit or your follow-up appointment and will help with invoicing.
We are excited to meet you and your human and animal family members!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Thursday, March 26, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 604-463-7100. We will bring your pet into the hospital for an examination with the veterinarian. The veterinarian will then call you to discuss our recommended treatment plan. After your appointment, a technician will return your pet to your car and take care of any needed medications and payment.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time. However, if you're unsure whether your pet needs medical attention, please call us to discuss your situation.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours:
Sunday to Saturday: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the Online Store, please visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our jobs. We have taken these measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this disease.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid, and any updates will be provided as changes occur.